Projectors have come a long way since their use for educational slides in 1950s classrooms. Today, projectors are widely used as an alternative to traditional TV screens: home theaters, outdoor theaters, and even portable, travel-friendly ways for families to watch movies on vacation. Video projectors can come at a high price tag, with some models reaching the multi-thousand dollar mark. However, with so many high-quality yet affordable options to choose from, there’s no need to spend top dollar on a video projector. You can even get some of the best 4K projectors for under $1,000. We’ve researched the best budget projectors that are high-quality, easy to use, and deliver crisp, bright images so you can watch all your favorite content without hurting your wallet.
- Best overall: Kodak Luma 150 Pocket Projector
- Best for movies: Epson Home Cinema 2200 3-chip 3LCD 1080p Projector
- Best for outdoors: VANKYO Miracle 120 Mini Projector for Outdoor Movies
- Best mini: Nebula Capsule II Smart Mini Projector
- Best for iPhones: TOPVISION WiFi Projector